Friday, August 31, 2012

Hair Experiments Continued and OOTD!

Since I cut my hair in February, I have been determined to figure out all the products that work for me and my hair texture and all the styling methods that work for me. I have put up a few videos of some styling attempts which have not really been successful... until today! I Attempted a twist-out (the result of unraveling hair which has been twisted in two strands) and I was really happy with the results.
I have learned that It is best to use a light weight moisturizer/leave in with my hair because it will dry faster. I guess it would make sense that it is a water based product so that the hydrogen bonds in the hair that are broken from water, can dry and reform the hair into whatever pattern you desire when it dries up. 
Because the Cantu Shea Butter Leave In is so light, the down fall is my hair loses its moisture by mid day. To combat that little issue, I seal in the moisturizer with a thick oil ; in my case the Jane Carter Nourish and Shine. It keeps my hair moisturized all day AND gives my low luster hair some shine. You can check out my process in the video (found if you scroll to the bottom of this blog) and some pictures below! Thanks for reading and don't hesitate to ask any questions! 



Unraveled ad Unstyled. I think this is the most defined I have gotten a Twist out on my natural Hair.
One thing I will be changing about my method is bobby pinning the twists in the direction I want them. the bottom twists ended Up being a lot more stretched out than the rest of the hair. I had to really work to hide that issue. 


I tried the style below and because of the direction of the twists I was not pleased. 






 So this is what I came up with! And I love it!! Here you can really see my awesome hair color.




OOTD 


Now I will move on to show you the rest of my outfit! It was a very simple day for me. Just a white shirt and some black pants. I don't have a very strict dress code for my job so some days I am more casual than others. The key thing for me is comfort. Most of the time, I am in flats... and if I am in heels, they are probably some sort of wedge. I save the uncomfortable shoes for special occasions :) 



Face: Very simple and neutral makeup! Lancome's Teint Idole Foudation and Mac's Mineralize Skin Finish worked together for my entire face. The rest was a Nars highliter, Raisin by Mac blush, and Hug Me lipstick by Mac.



Shirt: The shirt really makes the outfit with the Sequins and the Sparkles and that is what I love the most. I actually "inherited" the shirt from my sister so I don't actually know where she bought it from but I do know that it was designed by Nicole Miller.



Pants: The pants are just simple black pants I got from Talbot's at the outlet mall for $14.00!! I am always on the lookout for a great sale and I don't discriminate with stores... especially at outlets. 



Shoes: I got these flats from Charming Charlie's for 7 dollars! Again another great bargain. I know they probably won't last too long, but they sure will serve their time! 


Thanks for reading!!! 











1 comment:

  1. that top is killers!! love it

    as for that twist definition? damn!!! i wish i could achieve that right now

    ReplyDelete